Anonymous

Is 15 too old to use corporal punishment?

My oldest son is 15, and recently we have discovered that he's been playing "pranks" on our neighbors, which have led to many complaints at my doorstep. His father and I have tried just about everything in the book, but nothing seems to be working. We are considering trying spanking, but we are concerned that he is too old... Can anyone help us out?

I would advise giving him a clear warning on what his next punishment will be. You need to make sure that he understands why and what actions will lead to a spanking. You should also be very descriptive about what constitutes a spanking. Is it on the bare butt, what are you using, your hand,  a belt, and how many strokes will you administer?

I got the worst spanking of my life at age 15 and I will never forget it 

spanking?  seriously? 

ya want to HURT a teen..............take away all their devices and cellphones and video games. 

That will get their attention. 

• Tj

Spanking is off the books.  Time to take his phone, pc, lap top away from him, ground his butt, for 3 months. Give him NO money if he needs something, he needs to ask you for it, like clothing. Do not let him go out with friends, give him chores to do. He will learn, if not do it all again.

At that age a military boarding school would work better.