Why did my Internet stop connecting at log in screen?

I had recently changed my wireless network name (SSID). I've noticed that when I boot up my computer, at the Windows log in screen, it won't automatically connect to the Internet anymore. I manually have to click on the globe (Internet) icon on the lower right corner, which then connects to my network. If I don't do it at the log in screen, then it even takes longer to connect when I'm on my desktop. Same thing, need to click on it to connect.

• Lv 7

once you're logged in, disconnect from wifi.

then connect again, and check the auto-connect checkbox.

if you don't see the checkbox, you may need to forget the network first, then reconnect.

Most likely your PC (specifically your wireless card and/or its driver) is confused due to the change in SSID.

You didn't ask, but I reckon you'd like a solution for this, which I don't really have, although I can tell you what I'd try: delete your wifi profiles. At the minimum delete any other SSID's the same router ever used, and any SSID's that have the same name (if any).