Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

If Trump is reelected, will we spend four years starting up and shutting down the economy repeatedly?

The coronavirus will still exist but only in the United States. 

Whoops! Coronavirus deaths spiked. Time to shut down the economy again!

The economy right now is online shopping or delivery. I think when they speak of the economy it's mainly concerts, cruise ships, vacation locations, buying a new home or car and going to the movies. For those not really paying attention to the number of covid19 deaths do not realize that they may have gotten it by going to the beach or a gathering of more than 10 people. The article you posted of a teacher who died of the covid19 where did she go and did she wear a mask? They assume she got it from the school students but this virus is so silent that no one knows who is a carrier of it. She could have gotten it from a Starbucks or fast food place. Most businesses before this virus began had financial problems. Many will blame the President but he doesn't have control of the economy it's Congress who makes the rules. The economy will always go up and down even with or without this virus. Even if Biden gets elected he will not be able to control the economy. People will not have the use of a new car or a home. We are unstable at this moment. People quit their jobs or do not go back to work while this virus is dangerous. It's a choice. No one knows the answer. Only time will tell what will happen by the end of this year actually if we have no Black Friday sales this year we are doomed but they may eliminate Black Friday deals for the Black Lives Matter movement may get offended that the word Black is in it. When Amazon goes out of business than you will know that the economy is doomed.

I think the environment damage in the philosophy of "Profit above all else" will be something we'd have to figure out how to live with for much longer than Covid-19. There are a lot of dangerous things brewing that we've been distracted from but are happening anyway. Eventually, unfortunately perhaps too late, we will all have to deal with those. 

• Magma

I don't know. All I can say is that I'm so unbelievably happy I am not an American :)

Your country is a total mess right now. I really don't envy what you have ahead. Because either way, it's not pretty. I'm going to continue to live in peace in my lovely little Irish cottage 👍

gimme my stimmy