Clarinet alternate trill Clarion F to G?

We just got the music for out marching band show, and clarinets have a trill from F to G. Whenever I try it, I sound like a clown horn, obviously not the desired effect. I've tried looking up alternate trill fingerings, but every chart has me use the same one key. Do you have any alternate fingerings or tips on how to get a better trill? Or am I doomed to a clown horn trill

There are no acceptable alternates for this. Same one finger.  So the problem is the reed, general leaks, or your embouchure.  You need to have as good clarinet teacher (and that might not be your band director . . .) check this out for you.  What are the other members of your section doing, and does it work for them?  

One possible alternative would be to play the guitar where that trill is very straightforward on the first and sixth strings. Plus, you can sing while you're doing it, a real advantage.