What time do you get out of bed each day? Why? Are you happy with that time?

I get up at 8 AM, I get up so I am not in bed all day and so I can do basic housekeeping and pet care. I wish I could get up earlier, I go to bed between 9 and 9:30 pm. But my condition mandates I sleep till 8 AM.

Favorite Answer

On work days. I get up around 6:00 AM-6:15 AM. Enough time to take the dog for a walk/run, take shower, get dressed and get to work by around 7:20-7:30. I typically don't eat breakfast.  On weekdays, I typically go to bed around 10:00-10:30, but usually don't fall asleep until closer to midnight. 

On the weekends. 10:15AM-10:30AM, unless there happens to be Cars & Coffee on Saturday morning, then It get up around 7:00 AM.  On days where I know I don't have to get up early the following morning, I'll stay up until around midnight or 1:00 AM. 

However with the pandemic, I'm sleeping in much later on weekdays, since I'm working from home, and without nearly as many people using the technology at school, there's suddenly not a lot asked of me lately. I'll check my phone/email around 8:00 AM, and if there's nothing that requires my attention, I'll doze off for another hour or until the dog decides it's time to get up.  I'm not a morning person at all. So I quite like this arrangement. It's much like how I envision being retired is like.  However, at the end of the month, it's going to be back to the real world, as the county is going back to the standard schedule at the beginning of August.  It was nice while it lasted. 

" But my condition mandates I sleep till 8 AM."

What condition mandates that you sleep until 8 AM specifically?  I mean could you possibly do 7:45 AM if your life depended on it?  What about 9:00 AM? is that doable? 

I wake up around sunrise during the summer (about 5am) and usually get up, eat breakfast etc as soon as I'm awake. I usually read for a bit then head out (about 7:30) to do the shopping for myself (and my retired parents).

Pre-covid, I'd usually go for a swim, run errands and do any grocery shopping on the way home.

I'd prefer to sleep longer in the summer, but I wake up when it gets 'too light', so so midsummer isn't my favourite day of the year. I have blackout curtain and a window blind, so I'm not woken by the pre-dawn light. I usually try to get to sleep around 10pm, or when it's got dark enough.