Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

liberals: what is one conservative belief you have; conservatives: what is one liberal belief you have?

this is not meant to be an argument. and only share what you're comfortable sharing. personally I lean slightly left, but have both conservative and liberal beliefs. 

if you feel very strongly one way, that's fine too..

I think it's good to talk about this, because no side is perfect... sometimes one side is better than the other, or maybe you are smack in the middle.

thanks for ur responses. these r interesting to read.;)

Favorite Answer

I'm a liberal.  I believe the United States needs to do a LOT more to protect Taiwan.  Generally, it's the conservatives who believe that.

• James

I agree with the conservatives, before Chump took office, that spending is out of control.

I am liberal, and I believe that communism is ultimately bad.

I am a conservative.  I swear I have no liberal leanings of any kind

I classify as a libertarian, which means I have beliefs that are both liberal and conservative.

My conservative belief: Socialism does not work and is not fair.

My liberal belief: Government does not belong in a woman's uterus.

I am TOTALLY in favor of tax-funded tubal ligation and vasectomies. 

Heck, incentivize them and encourage that it be done at the onset of puberty.

I'm a liberal, but I believe multiculturalism has to do a better job of including gun culture, biker culture, and other types of subcultures as well.

I am conservative:  as much as homosexuality disgusts me, I do believe that the gays should have the right to be married.  I don’t agree with it and I think it’s disgusting and I want to keep it away from our kids, but if two consenting adults want to be homosexual together they shouldn’t have issues with work benefits, etc.

I guess I'm more "liberal" but I identify as independent: 

Here are my more "conservative" beliefs.

-against abortion in most cases

-we should lower taxes (and wealthy should not have an increase in taxes)

-slightly less government regulation

I'm blanking on a couple others, but that's basically what I feel

I have hardcore republican friends who call me a "bleeding heart"... I have ultra-liberal friends that call me a "right winger"...

....so I figure I must be doing a few things right....