Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 3 weeks ago

Is it likely I'd be paralyzed after being put to sleep to get my wisdom teeth removed?

I'm kinda scared because I might have to get my wisdom teeth removed and be put to sleep, but I've heard that sometimes it doesnt work and makes the person paralyzed and still conscious. I'm really claustiphobic and i have an extreme fear of being paralyzed. Sleep paralysis was hell for me and it only lasted like 20 secs. I cant imagine being paralyzed for hours and not being able to signal to anyone im still awake

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

No. I had sedation for my wisdom teeth and this did not happen. IV went in, I fell asleep. I woke up towards the end of the procedure when they were doing stitches but I had no idea what was really going because I still felt asleep.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

there is always a risk with any procedure

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No chance you are only out for a max of 10 minutes if that. A Dentist is not going to keep you there for hours, they have other people to see.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

nope not gonna happen.............

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

buy some insurance

at least if it happens you will be worth multi millions because the odds are so low

• 3 weeks ago

Don't believe the nonsense about being paralyzed and in pain! The doctor watched your heart monitor and if it spikes he knows you feel pain and taps the anesthesia button till your heart rate drops. . 

• 3 weeks ago

That is as remote as being hit by a meteorite 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.