I catfished my girlfriend and she failed?

I didn't want to do it at first because I knew something like this might happen which it did. I had my suspicions that she couldn't be trusted so I went further to create a fake account where I texted her and asked if she was single. She said yes which came as a big shock to me. I asked if she wants a boyfriend and she said not until she knows me better so I provided her with a fake picture of a good looking guy. I then asked if she wanted to meet up and she said yes. I'm completely devasted but I still love her and I don't know if she would do this in real life. What should I do?

I haven't told her about this yet and I even texted her using my own account asking if she still loves me and she said yes.

Favorite Answer

"I had my suspicions that she couldn't be trusted"

This is the most important part of your question.  You don't sound weird or super jealous, so it's fair to say you're with a cheater.  Also, remember that cheating is defined as anything a person does they wouldn't do in front of their partner.  She's already cheated. 

I can see why it's tempting to come up with scenarios where you keep your game going, but this plays out better in movies than real life.  Besides, even if she bails irl, you still have to confront her based on your suspicions and what she's already done.  You have to talk to her - it's that simple.

I can guarantee she'll try to derail the convo by yelling at you for pretending to be someone else, but do NOT let her do this.  Tell her you did it only because you had suspicions, and "let's return to the topic".

I'm guessing it's over, but if you want to fight for this, you have to hit it head on, and also stop using text to ask if she loves you.  That's a tween move.  This  has to be the 2 of  you talking openly and honestly in person.

girls aren't dumb. she probably knew it was you. i'd say set up the meeting, then when she sees it's actually you, see how she reacts...

Is it possible she knew what you were doing and wanted to teach you a lesson?