Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 3 weeks ago

Would cheap eyeshadow leave any bad effect on my skin if I apply it everyday & remove it within 30 minutes ?

I just wanna learn doing makeup i know i  would mess & waste alot of product so i was thinking should I start with cheap product for practice?but i don't wanna harm my skin

It won’t harm your skin just don’t go for anything super dodgy like fake stuff off eBay etc, any of the supermarket/high street ones are super cheap and affordable and are great for practicing makeup. 

Sometimes they just go patchy or sink into your eyelid but that’s about the worst that will happen! 

Why on earth would you think that's going to harm your skin? The stuff is made FOR skin, so the product doesn't matter a bit. If anything, it's the rubbing & pulling from removing makeup that might irritate your eyelid skin.

No, there are no "bad effects" from inexpensive makeup. In fact there's not a lot of difference between expensive and cheap eyeshadows. All use the same raw materials. Some cheap eyeshadows apply smoother and have better pigmentation than expensive brands. ELF, Maybelline, Wet'n'Wild and cover girl all have excellent products at very good prices. The cleaning method you use to remove the makeup is probably more important. Use a gentle micellar water type makeup remover and a soft cotton ball. This will get rid of makeup and not stretch, pull or irritate the skin.