Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 weeks ago

Do younger women in their early 20s typically not shave down below?

So my 55 yr old dad just had a baby with his 23 yr old gf Sheridan. Most of us couldn't go up to the hospital to see the baby due to covid, but I got to see some pics and I think one of the pics might have been an accident that people shouldn't see. Not sure who else saw it. Its a pic taken from the side immediately after the birth I think. Sheridan is laying there, knees up, holding the baby wrapped in a blanket and Sheridan's crotch is in full view and she sports a very full bush apparently or is that normal not to shave down there when you're pregnant? I'm not sure how the baby didnt get rug burn thats how much pubic hair was down there. 

• sdc_99

A lot of women don't shave.  Pregnancy has little to do with it.

• Lili

Troll fail, dear.

But just so you know: it's hard to shave the public area when you're pregnant.  Think about it.

• Jesere

When I was in medicine woman didn't shave their pubic area for delivery.  Unnecessary. 

Send me that picture so, I can understand what are you talking about

Some do, some don't.  It's a personal choice, that requires a LOT of maintenance to keep up with.  I'm not sure that would be that important to someone who is very pregnant.  Lol...

• J

I’m 33 and I always groom down there. I don’t shave because it leaves irritation and razor burn. I use a trimmer to get it very short and neat. It’s not smooth like shaving but it’s a lot more comfortable than having a full bush. It keeps it neat so guys don’t get pubes in their mouth. I’ve never been pregnant, but I can’t imagine it’s easy to shave with a giant belly in the way. I gained some weight recently and I’m having trouble  seeing certain spots down there. Some women choose not to shave at all. It’s her crotch, her choice. I’m not sure why you’re so concerned about your dad’s girlfriend’s bush.

• sarah

Okay, I'm about 99.9% sure you're trolling...but I'll bite.

Regardless of age or pregnancy status, shaving or not shaving is a PERSONAL CHOICE. If a pregnant 23-year-old wants to shave, good for her! If she does NOT want to shave, good for her! If a non-pregnant 21-year-old can't stand the thought of having even one tiny hair down there and wants to shave, good for her! If she feels more comfortable looking like she's part grizzly bear, good for her!

If this Sheridan character does, indeed, exist, it could be that she just stopped shaving at the end of her pregnancy. It gets a little trickier to do as your belly gets bigger (especially since you can't just suck it in and hold your breath). Also, her doctor/nurses really dropped the ball, because they shouldn't have left her exposed like that. My doctor certainly didn't -- as soon as he finished doing his thing down there, he put the sheet over me.

Work on your writing skills, then maybe someday someone might believe your tales 

i prefer a bush............

I'm in my late teens (19) and I shave down there, but that's a personal preference. You don't have to shave, but you can if you want to. I choose to shave because it makes dealing with your period easier in my opinion plus it makes getting frisky a little more enjoyable. But I can imagine that if I were 6+ months pregnant I probably wouldn't shave. It would likely be hard to do so with a baby bump, I wouldn't want to waste my energy on that, and it just kind of becomes pointless for my reasons. In other words, I wouldn't be having a period, and I probably wouldn't be getting intimate very often, so no, I wouldn't shave if I were pregnant.

I liked the comment about rug burn though. It made me laugh. Stay safe! :)