Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

Is this normal? ?

I’m 10 weeks pregnant, and suddenly i have no breast tenderness anymore and don’t feel nauseous. Is this something to worry about if so should I ring the hospital? 

• Edna

You don't need to go to a hospital - everything sounds perfectly normal.  You're only 10 weeks pregnant, and I'm surprised that you've EVER had any breast tenderness at all at this early stage of pregnancy. There's no reason for you to  think you have to feel nauseous either. Many women NEVER feel nausea, at any stage of pregnancy. 

Pregnancy symptoms during the early part of pregnancy is all about how YOUR body deals with pregnancy hormones.  Once your body adjusts to the hormones of pregnancy - then the symptoms usually get much better.

Some women don't even get the classic early pregnancy symptoms.  I never had nausea or breast tenderness or any of the things that most women complain about or associate with early pregnancy.  (my only symptom was the missing periods)

How long certain symptoms last or even how severe certain symptoms are is all about how each individual can deal with the hormone changes.  A lack of symptoms is not concerning.  It just means your body has adjusted to pregnancy hormones.

• sarah

Nothing to worry about at all. My nausea was still in full swing at 10 weeks, but that was around the time my breast tenderness stopped. Just because you're not nauseous or tender right now doesn't mean you won't be again soon; it's totally normal for symptoms to come and go.

As long as you're not cramping or bleeding (but even those things can be normal in early pregnancy, it's so confusing, lol), you have nothing to worry about.

Congrats, and best wishes! :)

• Tavy

Of course it's normal. I never had either of those when I was pregnant. Never felt sick at any time.

• Jill

There's no set time for pregnancy symptoms to begin and end. Everyone is different. Be happy that those symptoms didn't last very long.