Is showering twice or more daily , excessive?

I live in a hot cimate. The summer months here reach somewhere around well over 100 degrees in the southwest region of the U.S.

Am I doing the right thing by showering every twelve hours?

My skin gets sweaty and salty.

Second Question: is it all right for me to shower shave and shampoo prior to bedtime . And wake the next morning to start my day without having to repeat these things?

Or will my skin sweat , get oily and dirty overnight ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

I live in Scotland (known to be cold and wet) and I shower twice per day. So in a hot climate, not excessive at all

I shower properly, full shower in the morning, to start my day nice and clean, and a quick one before bed.

If i am out in the evening, of course I shower before getting ready to go out.

I would say yes you will get sweaty overnight, dirty not so much, but you do need freshening up each morning 

• 4 weeks ago

It's good shows you care about your appearance 

• 4 weeks ago

It is OK if necessary as in African and some Asian countries.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's probably not excessive. It depends what you do for work and how much time you spend outdoors in the heat. The shampooing and shaving possibly may be reduced to once a day, but we don't know what your work and activities are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

My brother hardly showers. He plays video games all day and neglects his hygene. It is when he starts to smell my stepfather gets mad 

• Dformd
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Every Ones a while

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

sure. as long as it does not don't dry your skin out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.