Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 3 weeks ago

if really curly hair is mostly associated with blacks, how is that some really pale skinned red heads have naturally curly hair ?

I knew this girl who was really pale and white looking and had naturally curly red hair

is this due to Celtic genes?? 

I found her look quite unique and striking 

she looked even whiter than many whites with straight or wavy hair 

or is it possibly jewish ancestry?? I heard red hair does exist in some jewish populations 

• Paul

Curly hair is associated with certain ethic groups of black people and certain ethnic groups of white people. There are also many white people and many black people with straight hair.

Curly hair isn't associated with blacks. Pure blacks have wooly hair, not curly hair. 

• Foofa

Yes, curly hair is also an established Celtic trait. There are also Asians with naturally curly hair owing to a genetic trait that runs in that race as well. 

• Zirp

because genetic reality doesn't conform to your racist prejudices.

• xyzzy

The genes for curly hair as well as red hair are recessive in the majority of Caucasian populations but are not missing. These genes tend to be more common in certain populations. There is a good article called Introduction to genetics on wikpedia.

• drip

There are many  scientific studies on curly hair. Do some research, 

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/e...

Scroll down to 

4 CURLY HAIR AS A GENETIC TRAIT: IDENTIFICATION OF CANDIDATE GENES AND LINKS TO MECHANISTIC FACTORS INVOLVED IN CURLY HAIR FORMATION

I know several blue eyed blonds that have extremely curly hair. Most red heads I know have curly hair.  Many Italians have wavy to curly hair.  

“she looked even whiter than many whites with straight or wavy hair“

I have never associated curly hair only to Africans.  I don’t know why you think curly hair would make a Caucasian look less white.

Why don't you go and seek education in the area of your interest? 

I personally feel that your assumption is flawed and ignorant. 

You've not been exposed to much.  You saw a few things and have made big suppositions about it. 

Have you been on the African continent?

As far as hair color, brown hair plus yellow hair equals red hair.  And brown hair plus red hair gets the yellow hair again!

I've seen plenty of Arabs (many from Syria) with wiry hair.

• Tangi

Curly hair is very common among black people. It doesn't mean it's not common among other people too.