Danielle asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 weeks ago

Frequent urination problems, what to do?

I recently learned that the average, normal person only urinates about 10 times a day, give or take. I honestly had no idea. I on the other hand, like clockwork, including during the night, go every 45 minutes. This means that I urinate 32 times a day. Should I be concerned? It does not smell peculiar and is usually a pale yellow to clear colour, indicative of good hydration. I do not have any pain anywhere either when I urinate. I am just concerned that I go so frequently! Also it is highly inconvenient.

I personally think I go more than 10 times a day, especially when I drink a ton of water after exercising to prevent a headache. I think it's worth mentioning to the doctor, but I think it's probably normal if it's been going on forever and there are no other symptoms.

• Tavy

You have an overactive bladder. See your Doctor there is treatment for it.

UK

There are just some women who have a less sturdy bladder or you might have what my doctor calls 'irritable bladder', where you cannot hold too much urine and the urge to go is always there.  If its irritable bladder, you should avoid caffeine in any form (because it makes you want to go more).  As long as your urine is normal, meaning pale to mid yellow color and not causing any problems, its not a sign of illness.  However, if it bothers you there are medications that can limit the frequency.  IMO, peeing gets really annoying when you have to go in the middle of the night (at the worst I am up at least five times between sleep and wake times).  

see a doctor or urologist about frequent urination