Anonymous

Fear of getting old?

I'm turning 18 in two months. 

I'm very sad. 

I don't want to be an adult or go to college. 

I want to go back to being 13 and going to school forever. 

Why is this

Favorite Answer

Probably because you don't want to have any responsibility. It scares you.  But there's nothing to be afraid of.  Find a hospital near you.  See if they're hiring for housekeeping. Put in an application to get an interview and ask about their benefits and if they cover any tuition fees if you were to go to college for something in the health field.  More than likely they will.  (My job covers 85% of your tuition fees.) In a year (or less) you can switch to another department if you wanted to.  And you could start college within the next year with the hospital paying for most of it. Become a nurse or something.  They make good money..  Its satisfying... 

Source(s): I work at a hospital.

You have a rather unrealistic view of life.  The dependency party will soon be over.

same here :))))) I go through times where I want to be a freshman in high school again, and times where I am so eager to enter college. I wish I could just live in the moment. 

What exactly are you afraid of? I wouldn't go back to being a teen-ager for any money in the world! Too much insecurity, too much drama, too much uncertainly. Life is so much better when you know who you are and what you want, when you can be independent, when you have established the relationships you want, when you're secure in your professions. The 30s are much better than the 20s for that reason. 

Instead of being sad you're not 13, be glad you're not 23. Nobody likes you when you're 23.