I deeply love, but am no longer attracted to my partner?

We’ve been together for 5 years, and I can’t see myself with anyone else and don’t want to see myself with anyone else. I’ve never felt like anyone got me so well. We’ve been through thick and thin, and have

put

hard work into this relationship. It’s been a struggle and a journey... and exactly what we both want.

But he just had a serious medical issue and surgery with several complications. Bottom line up front: I can’t see him as physically attractive right now and don’t know if I ever will be able to. He can tell, and it’s heart breaking. He stays so positive and has put so much effort into his image, post the accident, that I feel like a horrible shallow person. I don’t want to end the relationship, I want to find a way to make him happy again. I’m not as sexual a person, so I’d be happy just platonically staying together but I know he’s got stronger needs in that way than I do. But he also doesn’t want to leave, he just doesn’t know what to do, and I can hear a sadness in his voice.I don’t know if there is good advice out there for this, or if there is even a possible solutions, but I don’t know what to do. He’s a great guy, and deserves to be happy. I want to give that to him, because he makes me happy just being himself but I know this is hurting him. Any advice welcome

Favorite Answer

I would suggest please take a vacation and enjoy two of you for a while. Try to do things that you two do together at the start of a relationship. Go to date 👫 to a place you have been and have memories. 

Hope it's helps. 

Source(s): It's not safe to travel due to COVID 19