Can I access this bank account?

I was struggling on my own several years ago, and my Father brought up an account he has with City National Bank. He wasn’t too clear on amount or how to access the account, but can I access it being my fathers son? I was a little confused about how to do so... is it possible my name may be attached to the account in some way?

Unless you are NAMED on the account, you don't even have the legal right to be told the account exists.

I can't read the account records to tell you if you were named on the account.

It's possible that your name is on the account.

But you will have to ask your father.  There is no way we would know. 

Unless your father is dead and spouse, if married, is also dead = you wouldn't automatically be on the account.  Even then dad might have given it to someone else when he was alive which would make it not yours. 

Your father is not yet suitable for a bank account considering that he is very irresponsible.