Rose asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 weeks ago

Has anyone in U.S flied air Canada to Travel outside U.S?

So I’m looking for a one way flight to go on vacation somewhere tropical like Caribbean that’s not expensive flying Air Canada, either flying there or back. I have airline credits with both Air Canada and Jet blue and finding flights with JetBlue is not an issue but I’m not having any luck finding good flights flying Air Canada besides Punta Cana, Cancun and Atlantis. Not sure about Punta Cana bc of what happened there last year (and yes I know Coronas worse), Cancun the flights aren’t that great, and Atlantis I heard can be expensive. So are there any other inexpensive places in the Caribbean I can go to that are also family friendly? If it helps I’m flying out of Boston. 

Would appreciate if any who has negative comments about flying because of corona to themselves. I have airline credits with 2 different airlines that I’ve had for years because of having to cancel twice (not by choice) and I can’t afford to eat the thousands of dollars I’ve spent on flights. Thanks

Since the Canadian government currently advises Canadians to avoid non-essential travel to almost every single country in the Caribbean and to Mexico, that may be why right now you cannot find Air Canada flights to those places. Air Canada mostly operates flights originating in Canada. If Canadians are taking their government's advisories seriously, and most do, then most Canadians aren't travelling anywhere out of Canada right now, never mind that not many Canadians normally fly to tropical destinations in summer when it's beach weather at home. And if they went, they'd have to quarantine for 2 weeks when they got back. If people aren't booking flights, Air Canada is not going to run empty planes back and forth.

Don't buy a one way flight. Most airlines won't let you on the plane if you don't have a return ticket. That's because the country you're going to may not let you in, and the airline will be responsible for getting you home. I'm not really sure what you're asking. If Air Canada only goes to Punta Cana, Cancun and Atlantis, then that's where you can go on Air Canada. There are many lovely islands in the Caribbean- but you have to be able to get there. One incident doesn't make a place a bad place to go. A lot depends on what you want to be able to do. There's good snorkeling on Aruba, for example, and the Grand Caymans are probably the safest islands.