Scott
Lv 7
Scott asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 weeks ago

Why is Splash Mountain such a problem all of a sudden? It seem the issue came out of nowhere?

I know the ride is connected to the movie Song of the South which connected to slavery, but I only found this out after it came an issue. The movie is never likely to be shown again and few people know about the slavery connection. Why go through all the time and expense changing it when it was such a non issue before?Why call attention to something you're trying to hide?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

It has always been awkward for Disney to have a theme park ride that is based on a film they can no longer show. It is hard to promote the ride without bringing attention to the film.

Rides change all the time at Disney World and Disneyland. The famous Tower of Terror ride was changed to a Guardians of the Galaxy ride.

Apparently, Splash Mountain's change to a Princess and the Frog attraction was in development for awhile (Disney recently showed off polished concept art), but the recent discussion on race forced them to prioritize the project.

• Ana
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Because liberals want to destroy everything that white people created

• Jess C
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Times have changed, people now are more accepting.

I think it will be a nice change. The Princess and the Frog came out in 2009 and it's about time Princess Tiana got her own attraction.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

IT'S RACIST !!!   

TRUMP 2020 !! ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.