Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 4 weeks ago

What should I do when people insult me for my English? ?

Sometimes I make mistakes in English and people insult me.

What should I do? 

I often write English isn't my first language but if I don't they insult me. I think I dislike American people now

Update:

I live in Italy! 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

"Insulting" someone is a serious matter. Are you sure they aren't just teasing you?

• 3 weeks ago

Tell them to finish cleaning the toilet and start on the downstairs.

• 4 weeks ago

look, Italian national, i think Americans were just helping u with ur English mistakes to accurate ur English sentences to not miss a word or correct  words like let's just say if u say "I from Italy" i would correct u saying "I'm from Italy" right?

• 4 weeks ago

No one should be insulting you for your English, but don't think all Americans do that.

It's become common in Y/A for trolls to deliberately use bad English just to be annoying.  Some people who are fed up with that tend to assume that anyone using bad grammar is doing it deliberately.

Ignore the jerks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zapata
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Don't worry. I'm English and I always laugh at how terrible most Americans are with my language! 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Just ask them:

ok, so how many other languages do YOU speak?

This will shut them up.

Source(s): my experience with similar morons.
  • 4 weeks ago

Well, look to the future. Keep studying and this will improve.

People just have bad attitudes.when I ride my bicycle, sometimes young people shout " get out of the way grandpa". You can learn better English, I can't get younger. Chio

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Mandarin is the largest first-language in the world. Next time someone makes fun of you for English, just say they're just as stupid for not being perfect in Mandarin or something.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Hold on while I alert the media.

• 4 weeks ago

If you live in America you can go to your local literacy council and get help in improving your use of spoken American English. I know a very good engineer who is from Vietnam. He said he had a hard time getting work in Canada and America because of his lack of skill at speaking English. Being very smart, he got help with his spoken English and is now the Vice President of an engineering company.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.