Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 4 weeks ago

Is it safe to drink carbonated water?

I ordered Sprite at McD's but it tastes awful and nothing like Sprite so I think it's just carbonated water.

Is it safe to drink it since I paid for it??

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Of course it is safe!! What do you think sprite is?? Carbonated water with flavoring.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Fountain drinks at fast food places are syrup-based, that's why they taste different than 

if in a can or bottle. You should be ok to consume if just once, but don't make it a habit.

• 4 weeks ago

Carbonated beverage consumption has been linked with diabetes, hypertension, and kidney stones, all risk factors for chronic kidney disease. Cola beverages, in particular, contain phosphoric acid and have been associated with urinary changes that promote kidney stones.

• 4 weeks ago

All over the world, every day of the year, people drink carbonated water and nothing happens to them. Maybe McD's forgot to add the Sprite syrup. Sprite syrup is not going to make an unsafe drink into a safe one. If it would be safe with the Sprite syrup, it's safe without it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I used to love Sprite but they changed it. I think they took out the sugar and put in sweetener.

It tastes awful.

• You're fine.  They just need to replace the Sprite mixture.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you drink pop, you ARE drinking carbonated water ... with flavor added and sugar (unless it is a sugar-free version).

Carbonation is hard on your teeth. It eats away at the white enamel, allowing the dark dentine to show through .. this happens much younger in someone who drinks a lot of carbonated beverages, than it does with those who don't. We've all seen seniors with their yellow teeth .. this is not staining. It is thinned enamel and there is no way to correct those yellow teeth.

Carbonation is also hard on your esophagus and stomach, but unless you are predisposed for developing ulcers, should not be a serious problems.

Carbonation also leaches calcium out of your bones, predisposing you to osteoporosis. So if older family members have osteoporosis, you are already predisposed to developing it, and drinking carbonated beverages is something you should avoid.

The sugar content of all non-diet sodas is sky-high and predisposes you to developing diabetes. And the artifical sweeteners ... none of them have been proven safe over the long-term, and some of them that have been around for decades are now illegal since they turned out to cause cancer.

• 4 weeks ago

Every carbonated beverage is carbonated water with flavoring added. If you drink Sprite, you are drinking carbonated water.

I won't bother commenting on the healthiness of carbonated beverages, but carbonated water is AT LEAST as safe as any such beverage.

• 4 weeks ago

they probably run out of sprite BIB

just notify a staff member and they will check the sprite BIB in the back.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not only is it Not safe, but Neither is McD's. Learn how to cook Healthy meals for yourself. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.