What is your opinion on Trump wanting all schools to open in the Fall? Are schools ready to open?

Favorite Answer

My opinion is that children are people too and can get the virus and die.  We need to shut down everything for a few months, with the assistance of the federal government.  What's the use of educating children who may not live to use that education.  Why put them out there to spread, or catch coronavirus and take it home & every else they may visit.  Don't listen to Trump, he's only concerned about himself being POTUS, which isn't going to continue.  Protect your children, that what parents are for.  You children aren't Trump's children, he can't tell you what to do with your children.  At this time parents are the only protection the children have.  DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN BACK TO SCHOOL. LISTEN TO THE HEALTH EXPERTS, NOT A DO NOTHING TRUMP, WHO is the reason we have this terrible virus growing in America.  He is such an AWFUL LEADER.

It's dangerous in many places if the virus continues to spike. Risky for teachers and staff of the schools, some students and the families thay could potentially expowse.

• Kathy

I think it is too soon to open them up.

• 🦋

I think schools should give children homework for a week to study at home and return their homework in a bin 

• Thorn

I think, that alone should be enough to put him in prison for the rest of his life. It is negligent homicide

I have no children, so it's irrelevant to me. However The New England Journal of Medicine thinks its it's necessary and it's shown that children don't get COVID-19 except in rare cases and they are not transmitters of the disease.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMoa2006100...