Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

YOLO, do you agree that we only live one, and make yourself happy no matter what the condition is?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes and no.  Yes, we only live in mortality once.  But to seek pleasure at all costs is silly, especially because eternity lasts a very long time.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes i agree.... I WANT TO BE IN HEAVEN WITH THE LORD!!!!!!

• 4 weeks ago

One thing that many Christians I've talked to do get right is the idea that seeking 'happiness' can be a fleeting thing.

Even Christians can fall into this 'rubber band cycle' where they are 'on fire' as long as things are going good, but when things start to fall apart, so do they.

Seek joy, not happiness.  Seek fulfillment, not short-term gratification.

• 4 weeks ago

YOLO is the dumbest thing ever. Kids do stupid stuff and shout "YOLO!" 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sam
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I agree that we only live once. If we live more than once, then I'm in for a pleasant surprise someday. 

I try to have a positive outlook on life and to persue things that make me fulfilled and happy. But there are times when I'm not happy, when happiness is not a good reaction to have...like at a funeral for example. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No, one should never put personal happiness before the wishes, feelings and needs of others. If it is to their detriment then it shouldn't happen. That is called selfishness and self gratification.

As a general rule nothing that any of us do should be to the unjustified detriment or harm of any other person. 

A good example would be a rich tycoon who knocks down people's houses to build a supermarket to line their pockets. That might make them richer and happier but could inflict misery and hardship on the unfortunate residents who are required to leave their dwellings.

Many people have money to almost literally burn while others are homeless and virtually starve on the streets. 

True happiness is only found through personal sacrifice and acts of charity or kindness since just as you sow in life, so shall you reap.

The world might suggest otherwise but the world is in error for that.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes we only live once. 

• 4 weeks ago

I agree.

I don't strive to be happy at every moment,

but to experience every moment

as long as I have moments.

But there are a lot of moments

that are happy.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

• 4 weeks ago

sounds good to me...

• 4 weeks ago

On one level yes on another level no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.