Sore throat won’t go away ?

Does covid cause a sore throat? I’ve had a sore throat since July 3rd that has been on and off, it feels good one day the next it goes back to hurting horribly. I’ve had my tonsils taken out as a kid, and I’ve had strep throat in the past. I had Penicillin left over from a couple months ago, so I’ve been taking those for the last 5 days. I have been taking DayQuil/NyQuil, I’ve been taking hydrocodone I had leftover for pain, doing saltwater gargles, and I take my multivitamin. I haven’t got tested for covid or strep throat or anything yet. I’ve been staying home just taking all the medicine/remedies I’ve listed, and it seems like it works one day then around night time it comes back in. No reason this sore throat should be going on 11 days. Could possibly be covid I don’t have any other symptoms though besides headaches on and off and that’s been happening forever now. And if it was strep these penicillin antibiotics would’ve def helped by now, and the DayQuil/nyquil works temporarily and I start feeling me throat in pain all over again. :(

you need a throat swab culture done to

identify the bacteria

then the correct antibiotics need to be taken

• PR

If you have antibiotic left over and you had some sort of infection just a couple months ago, it may not have taken care of it. Now, you are taking the same antibiotic, and the bacteria may be getting resistant to that med. 

You need to see your doctor or call them and tell them what is going on. Remember that you can certainly have Strep more than one time. The germs may be stronger at this point and you may need a different antibiotic. Call the doc. They will tell you what to do at this point. 

But, the hydrocodone??!! Don't do that!! You are asking for trouble in taking meds like these that are very addicting, and you DO NOT KNOW what is going on in the first place. Hydrocodone is not for a sore throat and definitely should NOT be taken for that.

Call your doctor.