Spike
Spike asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 4 weeks ago

How Can Anyone Still Eat Good And Eat Healthy?

These days with all those health news that Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil is Trans Fat, MSG, TBHQ, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Artificial Sweetener(Equal, Splenda) bad, Vegetable Oil cheap and bad and it what some restaurant and cafe use(Chinese ones). Bagels are bad to burn it off, after eating one a person has to run 3 mile.

It like, white rice, bacon, butter, non old fashion peanut butter, reduced-fat peanut butter fruit juice, pasta, ice cream, egg yolk, hamburger, cheesecake, instant oatmeal, sausages, hot dogs, soda, frozen breakfast sandwiches, table syrup, flavored coffee creamers, white sugar, Tiramisu, frozen pizza, french fries, fettuccine alfredo, french toast, croissants, muffins, pork bun, veggie burgers, red meat(any stake, roast beef or not), frozen fish paddies, beef jerky, etc..... are bad.

So what left for anyone to eat that taste good and is healthy when watching out on their Diabetes and/or Cholesterol. Whether a person has it already or not yet and watching his or her health, and weight.

I'm not addicted to processed food that garbage. I don't buy and drink soda at home. I only drink soda when I am out eating. I mostly drink coffee, 2% fat free milk and water. I do eat frozen waffles, wheat bread, Chinese broccoli, broccoli, other Chinese vegetables, still eat meat(but have cut down some on it), chicken(don't eat the skin and the fat on it), cinnamon raisin bread, use old fashion peanut butter, honey, syrup, flavored coffee creamer(s), Stevia,etc....

It just those are some of the stuff being said that bad. When it comes to health and good eating. I don't even really eat ice cream anymore. It more like once in a blue moon or beyond that. When I do snack at night it cinnamon raisin bread and a cup of milk.

• Kate

Very possible. Buy all fresh ingredients, vegetables etc and cook your own food, no pre packaged food.

• D1218

Yep. Maybe not always but still do.

shop the outside aisles of the grocery store--generally all the processed junk is in the middle of the store.

• Fresh fruit and veg, lean protein, whole grain bread, use olive oil or grapeseed oil.  

There are foods that taste good withough being drenched in sugar and fat you know ....

Expand your palate. You seem to have the standard american diet of too many processed sugar and carbs and not enough whole foods

So you're addicted to processed garbage...whose fault is that? YOURS. This argument of "this is the only food out there that tastes good" is such a pile of steaming crap. GROW UP. You eat like a child and have never properly developed your own taste buds. There are plenty of unprocessed, one-ingredient foods for you to enjoy, but you eat like such a toddler, you don't want to try them. 

Fruits, vegetable, LEAN MEATS that aren't deep fried, whole grains, eggs, cheese, milk, all fresh, good, WHOLESOME foods that people eat and enjoy every day without adding sugar and extra fat and calories. I'm not taking any question like this seriously, not when the asker can't even spell STEAK and PATTIES right, for crying out loud. 

• Anton

Question (sounds more like a rant):  " How Can Anyone Still Eat Good And Eat Healthy?

These days with all those health news .... "

Start with that.  Ignore the health scare mongers and simple eat plain good food.

I am 73 years old, heart disease, had a bypass, had a stroke, still enjoying life.

I am not watching my cholesterol, but my doctor does and says I am doing quite well.

I eat jasmine rice, pasta, ice cream, eggs, etc..  "Table syrup" sounds scary, I use plain maple syrup.  I whiten my coffee with heavy cream.  I eat beef, chicken, pork, sausages, and even amounts.  I love deep fried potatoes --  french fries and english chips, which are different -- cooked in olive oil.   Olive oil *is* a vegetable oil, and is not "unhealthy."

What I avoid is canned food, other than canned tomatoes.  I avoid sodium, salt.  I avoid excess -- generally about five ounces of meat a day.  I don't do restaurant food, mainly because it is too expensive, and doesn't taste good.

But the bottom line?  Eat in moderation, exercising allows you to eat more, eat plain food, avoid processes/canned "convenient" foods.  AND IGNORE the "experts" pushing their agendas.  

Those foods are not inherently 'bad' - you just need to include them in an overall healthy lifestyle (eg don't just eat them; do add in exercise). 

• kswck2

Primarily because people just don't care what they eat. Many times it is the fastest, the cheapest or the stuff in the prettiest packages. 

• Brian

Eat in MODERATION.