Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 4 weeks ago

I used a dedicated VPN, how am I still banned on a website?

I used a dedicated vpn, cleaned all cookies, and even tried a freshly installed Firefox (when I use Chrome usually). I still cannot register for this site.

Is it something with hardware ID?

The hardware ID (MAC address) of your device never makes it past the first router you connect to, like the one in your home.  There are no other possible hardware identifiers sent with an IP packet.

• P

More than likely the administrator has banned this entire VPN service from their website.  It's possible they did a mass ban of many VPN services or had issues in the past using the specific one you signed up for.  Setup your own VPN service through Amazon Web Services, just google it.  

• Matt

because there are cookies on your machine that let the website know who you are - you could try clearing your cookies and opening a new account

VPN has nothing to do with login so maybe that is the problem?

IF not than try:

clearing all the browser cache,

using different browser (Firefox modified by TOR maybe? - it is preset to clean up everything between sessions) make sure you close all the other internet browsers completely else some cookies might remain.