When purchasing a condom do you go by length or width (girth) ?

They're all the same length and regular condoms will fit 99.9% of all men.

If the condoms you use feel too tight, get a larger size. Some guys buy the magnums because they like being able to say they have a big dick. If it’s too loose, it may slip off. If it’s too tight, it could break. Width is probably more important than length. If you have trouble finding condoms that fit, I suggest you try a few brands till you find one that fits right and only buy that brand in the future. Not all condoms are equal. I’m female so I didn’t really notice it till I saw my friend trying to squeeze his (only slightly above average) dick into a tiny little lifestyles condom. If you’re in a monogamous relationship, I suggest another form of birth control. Condoms are annoying and unreliable. I’ve never had one break, but I’ve had a few fall off or get stuck inside me. Since I’m on the pill also, I don’t have to be worried every time a condom fails. 

• Jesus

The standard one is also good for long penises but if it is very thick they can be tight, in that case it is necessary to buy them for size. For example the size S is for 4.3 inches of circumference and of 5 to 7 inches long, and the XXL that is the biggest size, is for penises of 5 or more inches of circumference and 6 or 7.8 inches long, the measures can vary from a country to another.  

I guess it depends on whether you are long or girthy.

I'm average length, but with a lot of girth (I've had it compared to 'a baby's arm holding an apple'.

Condoms were extremely uncomfortable for me until I found 'Magnum' condoms.

Condoms can stretch pretty far 99% people are fine with the standard which can stretch very far,

• Joe_d

Girth.  Mine is only 4" long and the regular/normal ones slip off.  The small ones though are not sold in stores, only online.  Stores only sell the regular and large!

• kelvin

your supposed to go by both