Photography?

Do you think the citizen photographer is taking the professionalism and the artistry out of photography? Please explain your position and provide a photographic example to facilitate and reinforce this discussion.  

No. There'a an old saying,"It's easy to shine in the darkness."

• August

Too obvious that this is on last years test paper 

• Sumi

I would refer you to your textbook and lecture notes.

Pros are not necessarily artists. For example, a guy who makes a living taking passport photos is a pro but he is no artist. Similarly, photojournalists may not have time to think artistically when news events suddenly happen. They just see a shot and they push the shutter button. Citizen journalists do similar things. I have seen many artistic photos in photo magazines, such as photos of fences, chairs and other mundane objects. The photos are supposed to be arty but they are boring to me. 

Don't have to.  Professionals are still going to be hired for weddings, magazine layouts, modeling, etc. The average person isn't breaking into those fields,  much less getting paid for them.