Is this a rough patch or should I just break up with him?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year. At first it was amazing and just so spontaneous. As it usually goes. We went through some hard **** together a few months after we met and that just grew us closer. I started drinking a lot trying to drown out my insecurities about 6 months in and just started taking a lot of stuff out on him. He used to think everything I said was funny, he used to look at me with these beautiful eyes like I was the only thing that mattered in the world. I can’t blame myself fully for why he stopped looking at me in this light, because he could also be cold. But now he treats me as if I’m stupid or just cold in general because he’s hurt by the amount of times I’ve lashed out on him. I’m working on it. I want to get better and be the person I was before my own **** just piled into this mess. I love him so much and I know he loves me, but I’m not sure how to fix it, if I can, or if I should. Oh and psa- he did cheat and lie to me at the very beginning of our relationship, we moved past that and he has shown he’s changed in flying colors, but I’m still insecure

Relationships that turn lousy 6 months in very rarely get better with time. I'm sure that there are exceptions. But 6 months in is for laughing in the rain and dancing at home on Wednesdays and dissecting movies to an annoying degree and thinking each other are great. That needs last longer than 2-3 months! It you're already falling apart at 6 months? Apparently not getting fonder with time. One of the problems with a relationship of a year that's been difficult, repeatedly, is this proclamation of how much in love you are. It's likely true you WANT to be in love but that doesn't actually mean either of you actually were. At least not after you got to know each other. For most people in successful relationships.. they began to love and appreciate each other more as they get to know each other.. not less.