Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

What does the Bible say about Money and Tax collectors ?

Not to be silly, but is Gods kingdom tax free

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I highly doubt tax collectors existed, when the novel ' bible ' was written ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

About money....

1 Timothy 6:10 KJV — The love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Matthew 6:24 KJV — No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Mark 10:25 — In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”

About taxes ...

Mark 12:14-17 — “Teacher,” they said, “we know how honest you are. You are impartial and don’t play favorites. You teach the way of God truthfully. Now tell us—is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not? Should we pay them, or shouldn’t we?”

Jesus saw through their hypocrisy and said, “Why are you trying to trap me? Show me a Roman coin, and I’ll tell you.” When they handed it to him, he asked, “Whose picture and title are stamped on it?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied. “Well, then,” Jesus said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.” And His reply completely amazed them.

>>>Not to be silly, but is Gods kingdom tax free<<<

Read this

Matthew 17:24-27 — On their arrival in Capernaum, the collectors of the Temple tax came to Peter and asked him, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the Temple tax?” “Yes, he does,” Peter replied. Then he went into the house.

But before he had a chance to speak, Jesus asked him, “What do you think, Peter? Do kings tax their own people or the people they have conquered?” “They tax the people they have conquered,” Peter replied. “Well, then,” Jesus said, “the citizens are free! However, we don’t want to offend them, so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin. Take it and pay the tax for both of us.”

• 4 weeks ago

Of what value is money to God whose universe has a planet larger than earth of solid gold

• 4 weeks ago

The Bible does say that in the kingdom of God that everyone will get to keep what they work for so I would assume there will be no taxation if you wish to give something it's totally free will. there will be no need for taxation because Earth will yield such a rich increase that there will be more than enough for every single person without having to tax people

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Rom 13:7  Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The Christian confederates states were TAX FREE until the union declared war on them.

FACT

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.