Isabel
Lv 4
Isabel asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

Is “legacy” about you remembering who came before you or about you being remembered?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

We receive a legacy and leave another.  I’m not sure if my ancestors see the legacy they gifted, or if my children recognize what I leave them. But I know what I received and I know what I give. 

• Marli
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

An ancestor's legacy is what he/she passes to their children and they to their children. Money, property or rank are part of the tangible legacy.  Some of the intangible legacies are honour/dishonor; family culture, customs, stories and pride; what the family stands for.

For instance:

If you have read the humorous novel, "The Code of the Woosters" by P.G. Woodhouse, you know that Bertie Wooster is an amiable upper-class nitwit among other upper-class nitwits. One of his friends wants Bertie to help him out of trouble. Probably it was a love trouble. His friends usually fall in love with girls their relatives call unsuitable. Bertie doesn't want to do the task his friend wants him to do, but he agrees because "the code of the Woosters" obliges him "to help out a pal." His family helped out their pals and every lady in distress without complaining or flinching since the Norman Conquest.  That's his family legacy of honour and he must carry it on.

• RP
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

My attitude is legacy is what we leave behind or what was left behind for us.

• 1 month ago

Your legacy and an other's legacy are two divided legacies. There is only the world and the beings thereof. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think thats what it is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.