Is there anything wrong with buying/wearing cheap clothes ?

I’m a man in my forties who wears cheap clothing, mainly hoodies and cheap jeans etc.

Is there anything wrong with this?

Favorite Answer

Nope. If you can dress neat and clean and look appropriately dressed for the occasion them shop cheap. When I was young and just out of high school I shopped from inexpensive stores (KMart, Woolworths, Towers and more) and also bought second hand. One reason I got so much into sewing was to make my budget wardrobe fit and look better. Again, if your clothes look good and you are happy you do you. 

If you can afford to buy expensive clothes, do it. It will usually last longer and be cheaper in the long run (cost per wear)

Cheap prices do not prove anything. 

i dont think so

The price does not matter, it's the neatness that counts. 

I if come across a scrawly looking guy I'll think twice to even say 'Hi'.  Not that you are but just a figure of speech.

Not in a judgemental way but it's my preference, I like a person who dresses neat and clean.

Cheap is fine, but, in my experience, Best grade material outlasts cheap by a factor of 3.

Buying cheap items 3 times might equal one quality item.