Is the Tom Hanks movie Greyhound good or worth watching?

Yes, it is worth seeing.

• Goerge

I am seriously HARD on movies so take my scattered thoughts with a few grains of salt.

Personally I was surprised that Tom chose this role even though, once again, he is the man in charge. The cinematography we deplorable imo. I've watched Captain Phillips(aside from the artistic license they used because he may not have been the hero he was painted to be) and when he was on that ship or in the lifeboat I felt like I was right there with him, on the open seas(or ocean, I can't remember). When the SEAL team was executing their plan I still felt as though I was there with them. What ruined Greyhound for me was the feeling I was trapped inside of a movie set surrounded by green screen. The ship itself would morph in weird ways like the ship's guns(mortar cannons?)  would be iced over and in a later scene they are perfectly clean. 

In short the cinematography and the dialoque ruined it for me such as when the captain says something like 'don't fire until I say so'. They already know that. Idk if it was a lot of new actors on set but nothing felt organic and instead felt forced. Oh and his girlfriend(probably platonic) didn't help with character development in the least. Overall I did not like it but if someone was bored it's worth a watch. 

To be clear Tom wasn't thrilled about the movie going to straight to Apple($70 million reportedly) but that was because of the way a theater can present the movie and his movie wouldn't be released in the spirit in which it was made. In an IMAX theater the movie might have felt differently. 

• Kyle

i don't have apple plus.  but i like tom hanks in general, so i'll look for it if it comes out on blu ray.