Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 4 weeks ago

How long does it take wisdom tooth extractions to heal?

I had 3 on Wednesday. I didn’t get sedated. 2 were on the top and fully formed and were pulled out easily. Haven’t had a problem with them at all. A third one was only halfway formed and on the bottom, so it had to be cut out. It was very, very painful. I took the 6 narcotic pain pills that I was given.

I consumed liquified foods such as soup, milkshakes, pudding, and yogurt for 3 days. 

On Saturday, I put my carrots, broccoli, and apples in a blender. My oranges and turkey-and-mozzarella and tuna sandwiches were ate unchopped. I went to a bar and ate fries.

Yesterday, I didn’t chop my food up (same diet).

I’ve been taking prescription strength ibuprofen this whole time (when I haven’t been drinking).

Today, I woke up to hot oatmeal and cold brewed coffee. My stomach was upset. I had my turkey-and-mozzarella sandwich, my cut-out-tooth-socket started throbbing more than usual. After eating my apples, I started tasting blood which I hadn’t tasted since Wednesday. I’m feeling a moderate amount of pain now.

I decided to go back to soup, yogurt, pudding and milkshakes for the next couple of days.

My question is... how long is this going to last?

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.