Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 1 month ago

Am I at risk of cervical cancer after being punched?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Im19 and in my first relationship for 13 months. My bf is 28. When he gets drunk he usually gets a temper and sometimes gets physical with me but it’s never usually that bad. Two nights ago was different and he pushed me down and punched  me repeatedly in my private parts. They have been hurting ever since and are brusied so I am freaked out this could cause cancer? I’ve heard psyical trauma can do that. Is this true?

• Marc
    Favorite Answer

No it wont cause cancer but being in an abusive relationship often leads to death. Call the cops and gtfo of there

• J

That won’t cause cancer but you need to leave him. Domestic violence usually gets progressively worse, not better. This guy is bad news. Unless he’s willing to quit drinking (and take it seriously), you should not stay one more day with him. I don’t care if he brings you flowers or says he’s sorry. He is abusing you and you are not safe with him. A man who really loves you will not hurt you. 

• Edna

Physical trauma to any part of your body will NOT cause cancer. 

no-that is an old wive's tale---but--your boyfriend is  a piece of sh$t and you need to leave immediately--it will absolutely get worse.  you may want to go to a dr and get checked out and have the episode recorded-in case you need to get a restraining order for him.

• Speed

Physical trauma does not cause cancer. If it did, wouldn't players in contact sports have really high rates of cancer where they get hit? They do not.

But I'm pleading with you to look at this like any outsider would. Your boyfriend has a temper, gets physical with it, and has now injured you sexually.

What the hell are you doing still with him? This situation is not going to get better, no matter how sorry he is the next day, how he swears he loves you, how sincerely he promises is will never happen again.

It will happen again, I guarantee it. He's got trouble with anger management and with alcohol. Not only will he push you down and punch you again, but it's likely to escalate.

Women die staying with men like this. For real, get out. Today would be good.

• kelvin

not true but you seriously need to have him arrested for assaualt and than you need to get your stuff and run run far far away

Yep. Pretty much a guarantee of cancer. Better write your will now.