True or false: you were born and raised in something very similar to a circus?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

My family is more of like a cold, dark, heartless thing.... Worse than a circus

• Totally agree bro.

• 3 weeks ago

Sure, if you consider New York City a circus...

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

False. More like being on an island by myself.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Why stop at born and raised? I've never been able to decide whether I exist in a circus or a loony bin.

• 4 weeks ago

i was not raised in a hospital and i don't think hospitals nor houses are similar to a circus

• 4 weeks ago

One of my favorite movies is "Home For The Holidays", directed by Jodie Foster, Longhorn. Holly Hunter plays the lead as the first-born oldest daughter (Claudia) who works at a Chicago art museum restoring masterpieces and has a 16-year-old daughter (played by Claire Danes).  Claudia has a horrible cold, gets fired due to budget cutbacks---and the "circus" begins as she seemingly reluctantly heads home to her parents' house for Thanksgiving. She has a "goody-two-shoes" uptight younger sister (JoAnn) married to a banker, and I could swear was JoAnn was modeled on my uptight neurotic sister Mary, a favorite gay (in a committed relationship) younger brother played by Morton Downey, Jr., a successful restauranteur who is a prankster (my younger brother Danny), an eccentric spinster Aunt Gladys (played by "Dr. Zhivago" actress Geraldine Page), an overweight former airplane mechanic witty elderly dad inclined to break into song (shades of my own career Air Force electronics whiz dad) who grabs his wife of more than 50 years for an impromptu dance (also like my dad), and a mom played by Anne Bancroft ("I can see your roots, Claudia" from the backseat of the car coming back from the airport)---enough like my rather opinionated slightly bossy mother that the similarities are abundant.  

Underneath the so-called "circus," there is so much love and memories, with the dad watching slides in the basement with Claudia, of the kids' early childhood or his long mechanic career and the father-daughter closeness, recalling special moments...I truly miss these wonderful nostalgia moments now that my parents and two of my six siblings have died.  On the way to drop oldest-daughter Claudia to the airport for her return trip to Chicago, the dad sings "The very thought of you/And I forget to do/All the ordinary things that one ought to do/I see your face in every flower/Your eyes in every star"---a song my dad used to play on the organ I bought him or on the harmonica whenever we had family get-togethers and the Anne Bancroft mom's tears at the airport when she says "I'm always afraid I'll never see my kids again"---something my own mother said each time we visited and then left.  Lots of drama, but always with love.  

• 4 weeks ago

True but I became a clown on here instead lol.

• 4 weeks ago

True.  That about sums it up!

• 4 weeks ago

More like a modern version of a living hell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.