Matt Winters asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

dog knee clicking post tplo?

Our dog had tplo surgery 12 weeks ago. last week we noticed a clicking noise coming from her leg. The vet stated that there was no damage to the meniscus when doing surgery. has anyone experienced this? our dog is not liming and she is actually starting to improve along with sitting more proper. 

(c/p) A full tear usually results in complete lameness in the affected leg. In some cases, the knee will make a clicking or popping sound as the dog walks. This often indicates damage to the cartilage pads within the stifle (menisci).

Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO) - Animal Surgical ...www.animalsurgical.com › surgery › tibial-plateau-leve...

This is just the first thing on the long list of sites when I googled your question.  There is lots more information you'd probably need to see to know what is going on with the leg.

• *****

Please consult the vet that did the surgery about why this may be occurring. It may be harmless, or could be cause for concern, but if I was the vet, I'd want to take a look and make sure everything is normal and in good shape. The vet that has done multiple orthopedic procedures on a couple of my dogs warranties his work. If something does not heal as expected or guess wrong with the repair later, he will fix it, free of charge, for the lifetime of the dog. I would hope yours would do the same, unless you have not followed aftercare guidelines.