Can anyone arrange to view a 3 million£ property? Or do you have to prove you have the income to buy it? ?

Can any Average person express their interest in property worth millions and be accepted to have a look around? Or does it require proof of income/funds? Thanks! 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I bought a house a year or so ago, not a £3m one mind, but I had to prove how I could pay for it, either by offer of mortgage letter of proving you had money in the bank

• 4 weeks ago

In all likelihood, you will have to be preapproved.

• Mark
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Unless they have an open house, no.  No agent of any integrity is going to take a client to a house well outside their price range.  Sure, you could have a friend who's an agent arrange a showing, but if word got out, that agent would be in trouble with their broker and their reputation ruined among other agents.

Agents go to great lengths to only show serious, qualified buyers homes and not waste their time w/ tire kickers.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Most agents would prequalify the buyer, but more typically wouldn't have to because the buyer would have their own agent representing them in the purchase who would have already prequalified their clients.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Licensed Real Estate Agents would be at risk of losing their license and being barred from the industry if they are caught taking clients into high end houses simply because the client wanted a free tour if the client was not interested and financially able to actually make a reasonable offer on the house.

If you were to just call the listing agent on the sign and ask for a showing on a $3 million house they would ask for proof that you are financially ready to make such a large purchase prior to showing you the home.

• 4 weeks ago

If there is an open house, anyone can go to the open house.

A realtor is going to vet the potential buyer before spending time on private showing.  What proof is required - many will require a pre-approval letter from the bank. 

• Never
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Just like a new car. You cant joyride expensive cars without them believing you can afford it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.