Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 4 weeks ago

I am in Russia, if I fly to Turkey and stay for 14 days can I then fly to the UK and not be quarantined there?

I live in Russia and I am Russian. Russia doesn't have an "air bridge" with the UK, so if I fly directly from Russia to the UK, I will have to quarantine in the UK for 14 days, which I don't want to do.

So my question is if I fly to Turkey from Russia and spend 14 days holiday in Turkey and then fly to the UK from Istanbul(Turkey), will I be required to quarantine once I am in the UK?

As I understand it, I won't need to quarantine in the UK after spending 14 days in Turkey, because Turkey has an "air bridge" with the UK. Is it true that I won't need to quarantine if I fly to the UK this way?

Also I know that I will need a visa for the UK, but is there anything else that I will require? Will I require a medical certificate for example? Are there any other compulsory things that I will need apart from obviously getting a visa in order to enter the UK? 

Obviously I will have a return ticket, plenty of money and proof of my hotel bookings in the UK. But is there anything else I will need in these unusual COVID-19 times? Anything else that is compulsory to have in order to enter the UK?

I think the following rules suggest that if I spend 14 days in Turkey, then I won't have to quarantine if I arrive in the UK from Turkey, after having spent 14 days in Turkey. What do you think?

Travel corridors: countries and territories exemption list

From 10 July 2020, unless they have visited or stopped in any other country or territory in the preceding 14 days, passengers arriving from the following countries and territories will not be required to self-isolate on arrival into England.

Andorra Germany New Zealand

Antigua and Barbuda Greece Norway

Aruba Greenland Poland

Australia Grenada Réunion

Austria Guadeloupe San Marino

Bahamas Hong Kong Serbia

Barbados Hungary Seychelles

Belgium Iceland South Korea

Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba Italy Spain

Croatia Jamaica St Barthélemy

Curaçao Japan St Kitts and Nevis

Cyprus Liechtenstein St Lucia

Czech Republic Lithuania St Pierre and Miquelon

Denmark Luxembourg Switzerland

Dominica Macau Taiwan

Faroe Islands Malta, Turkey 

• Maxi

Russian passport , regardless of where you have gone on holiday or flown from you will be quarantined

• martin

Because people who check passports have a lot of discretion, and because you will have a Russian passport with Turkish entry and exit stamps dated, you run a big risk of getting quarantined in England.