Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Agree or Disagree: States should require cars to give right of way to trucks and buses merging in their lane?

My personal instinct for self-preservation says that anyone who seems intent on using my road space should be allowed to - particularly if they are in a 35 ton vehicle!

• A

all drivers are supposed to make room for merging vehicles

• Clem

Need to outlaw lane restrictions, treat CDL units just like any other car.......... And choke them to death if they follow to close, just my opinion

• Murzy

Agree. I always yield to commercial vehicles since I know they are working and time is important to them.

• Dan

Disagree. That should be common sense. If you make that a rule, someone stupid might slam on the brakes for a truck and create an accident. Basically you can't legislate "don't be stupid and don't be a jerk." But you can make that part of driver's training. 

disagree.  it is the obligation of the vehicle in the merging out of existence lane to enter the other one safely

If the highway is busy, then agree because when trucks are coming from the entrance ramps and the right lane is busy, then most of the times drivers refuse to let us in. I challenge who disagrees to please drive a truck and try to enter the right lane when it’s very busy.

Nope. Truck drivers need to learn how not to tailgate.