Why do people think that King David didn’t exist - there is proof that he did.?

A stele commemorating his Kingdom was discovered in 1993, yet people still claim that he never existed.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Which “people” Matthew? Unless you can show otherwise the only answer would be that people don't think that (or care really).

• 4 weeks ago

I was wondering who are those people who deny the existence of  King David. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

1,079 times in the Hebrew Scriptures, including 75 times in superscriptions of 73 psalms, and 59 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures. Of all Hebrew Scripture personages, only Moses and Abraham are mentioned more frequently by Christian Bible writers. In the 1,138 places where the name David occurs, reference is to but one individual, the second king of Israel, or the one of whom David, at times, served as a pictorial type: “Jesus Christ, son of David.”—Mt 1:1.

Archaeologists digging in Jerusalem’s ancient City of David have discovered a 2,600-year-old clay seal impression, or bulla, bearing the name of “Gedaliah the son of Pashhur.” Gedaliah is spoken of in the Bible at Jeremiah 38:1, as is Yehukhal—called “Jucal [shortened form of Jehucal (Yehukhal)] the son of Shelemiah”—whose name was found on a bulla in the same area in 2005. The two men were officials in the court of King Zedekiah. The Jerusalem Post reports: “This is the first time in the annals of Israeli archeology that two clay bullae with two Biblical names that appear in the same verse in the Bible have been unearthed in the same location.”

• 4 weeks ago

The stele mentions "the house of David", while this is a good indication that David may have existed, by itself itself it is not enough to build a solid case.  For example, "David" could have been a legendary leader that the royal family used as a way of gaining prestige.  

I'm not saying that King David did not exist, but the evidence is remarkably thin and until there is more, the best we can do is say that he might have existed.  Of course, even if there were solid evidence that King David existed, it would not mean that the Biblical record is accurate or absolutely true.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Those under the control of the demon's of satan aleays tell lies, no Christ, no holocaust,  etc.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't believe that.  Maybe you should learn the word SOME.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 4 weeks ago

I have no problem with the idea that 'King David' existed - it doesn't actually have any affect on me (or the world in general).

It certainly doesn't indicate that any of the stories about him in the bible have any basis in reality.

• 4 weeks ago

Links or you're LYING.

~

• 4 weeks ago

Historians have researched the Bible.

No David. No Moses. No Baal. No God. 

And snakes  don't talk.

• 4 weeks ago

🥴 Because they're retards and all of the artifacts mentioned in the bible are missing. Like the Ark of the Covenant. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.