Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

Should I accept his apology or? ?

Last night I told my boyfriend I wanted to have sex but he said he was tired so I got on top of him and for 10 minutes we were laughing and joking and saying how he wanted me to get off him because he had to go to sleep for work. I said give me .. because it belongs to me and he responded with “that doesn’t belong to anyone” So I said since it doesn’t belong to anyone do you use it on anyone else and he said yes. I was upset and I got up. I said but why? And He said because that’s what I do. Life is unfair!” I called and uber and went home. This morning he apologized and said that he only said that so he could get some sleep and that he didn’t mean what he said. He also said he hasn’t slept with anyone but he still believes no one belongs to anyone. I’ve known him for a year. We have been in a relationship for 2 months. Help :(

• Helen

If he wanted to get some sleep, lying about cheating on you surely would have had the opposite effect!

In any case, it suggests that he really doesn't care about you and is happy to lie and hurt your feelings just to get what he wants - if he even was lying...

Does that sound like someone you want to be in a relationship with?