Why are bacteria not detected by electrical conductivity meters?
- SmegheadLv 71 month ago
I actually used to work in a QC lab testing for microbial contamination, and we used an instrument called a bactometer that did pretty much exactly this. We'd plate the product on a small well filled with an agar gel. The machine ran electrical current through the gel, and if bacteria started growing, it would be indicated by an increase in conductivity. This was due to metabolic byproducts of their growth rather than the bacteria themselves, but there you go.
If you're talking about using this in a practical sense in living things or something, that's a stupid-*** idea.
- JazSincLv 71 month ago
Your bacteria don't line up to become wires.
Edit: I like Smeghead's answer better than my own.
- billrussell42Lv 71 month ago
there is no reason for them to be detected, they are no conductors.