Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

Can dogs be trained to hate others?

I won't specify whether it was the husband or wife, but one time I went to this house of someone I knew (won't specify their titles or profession) and their dog bite me and it was hostile? And it makes me think that at least one of them is a backstabber and raised their dog with specific hatred towards me. My other siblings did not get this treatment. Neither did my dad or mom. 

Can dogs be raised to hate others.

Youd have to be engaged in the training process to train a dog to dislike you.

The dog simply just doesnt like you

Highly UNLIKELY - unless you witnessed them giving the dog a command to bite or attack.  HOW would they train the dog to SINGLE you out, unless you regularly left articles of clothing they could use with YOUR SCENT to train the dog.  More importantly - what EXPERIENCE do they have training this dog (or any dog) to DO ANYTHING - RELIABLY well and on one command?  

BUY A CLUE = (Most people cannot even get the dog to "COME" on command - unless they have a food BRIBE in hand.)  The dog may have bitten you because you: stepped on its tail, kicked it, startled it, or you took its spot on the couch and it was resource guarding.

• Jojo

Dogs CAN be taught to bite certain people, but usually only on command.

There could be many reasons why the dog singled YOU out to bite and it probably had it`s own reasons. 

What those reasons were, is anyone's guess.

Sorry, without more information its impossible to help more.

No however dogs can pick up on spirits just like humans can.