Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 month ago

Would an infinite number of things happen an infinite number of times in an infinite universe?

Good, bad, everywhere in between, eventually an eventuality, hundreds of trillions of times, in hundreds of trillions of places?

In other words, every possible thing can and will happen, in our infinite universe? An infinite number of times?

Certainly if there are multiverses, right?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Philosophically, I suppose it is possible.  Practically, I'm not going to wait around to find out if it is true.

• 4 weeks ago

Not every possible thing, because some possibilities have a probability of zero.  An eternal flipping of a perfectly random coin would have a unique sequence whose probability was zero.  There would be an infinite number of such sequences which would never happen.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, but it is infinitely improbable that it exists, and infinitely improbable we would ever detect it.

• 4 weeks ago

Nobody knows for sure thefore we need to leave it to God. As he has kept all those things as deep secrets. If you think about them or try to find answers to those questions your head will start spinning you will go crazy lile the atheists. So have faith in God. At least be an agnostic but not an atheist. Have some spiritual mind.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Infinite means that -- as long as we are talking within the realms of rationality.

Just because we can imagine something ,doesn't mean it is possible just because we have an infinite time .

And perhaps infinity is just a concept of our imagination.

• 1 month ago

Yes. Everything that is not impossible will happen an infinite number of times in an infinite universe. 

• 1 month ago

No. Quantum mechanics can be totally random. We know the Universe is NOT infinite. It is finite and expanding but unbounded. I am ignoring quantum entanglement. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.