John asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

How can society reduce the frequency of breast reduction surgery without banning it or shaming those involved?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

By inventing a bra that can adequately support large breasts so the women thus afflicted don't have to choose surgery to correct chronic back pain. No one undergoes this painful operation just on a lark or for aesthetic reasons. I only know two women who've undergone this procedure and both had become nearly bedridden from the nerve damage caused by lugging massive mammaries around. They're both much happier and much more active now. 

• 4 weeks ago

Why would you want to reduce the frequency of something which is a necessary procedure for their health.

• 4 weeks ago

Why reduce it? All of the people I know who've gotten it got it for back problems and their comfort improved a lot from it. I had this one friend in particular who had terrible debilitating back issues and breasts so large that she had to get custom-made bras even though she was thin and most normal clothing didn't fit her correctly. After she got the surgery she could finally live a normal life. 

• 4 weeks ago

i think people should just not tell people if theyre having one

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

just do not judge. also embrace big breasts. its natural.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.