Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 4 weeks ago

How to split a room into two rooms in apartment?

Since. Im told to get a one bedroom when I need 3, I need a way to split the bedroom into two rooms and split the living room into two rooms to give us each separate space.

Kids can NOT share a room because they are noy and girl, 5 yrs apart and one is a preteen.  I need private space to properly sleep.

I need a solution thats pretty sturdy, but wont damage or change the structure.

• A

All you can do so there is no permanent damage or marks would be to purchase or make folding screens

• drip

I am in the US and some apartment complex would not allow a one bedroom apartment be used for four people. In some areas by law it is one bedroom for two people.  Living spaces can not be used as a bedroom. 

Book shelves should not be used in the middle of the room. Not flat against the wall.  Sooner or later one of those is going to tip over and fall. 

I don’t know how you are going to use curtains unless you drill into the wall.

Room dividers won’t be cheap and usually are not that tall.

Who is telling you you can only get a one bedroom apartment?

First thing that comes to mind is tallish cabinets or bookshelves, with curtains on rods spanning the 'doors'. 

If the ceiling is not easily damaged, spring-loaded or adjustable poles can give you anchor points for panels or curtains. Or give those poles/panels big feet.

"room dividers", maybe with "floor to ceiling" is a good search term to find ideas. 

...Keep in mind that noise blocking is not a thing without a real wall.

Oher than room dividers or curtains, there isn't much you can do.