Heather asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

I just found out I have diabetes 2, why is my boyfriend getting made when I bring healthy food in the house?

This dude crazy... he is tripping keep bringing up my diet to maintain my diabetes... I don't know what his problem is, y don't he want me to eat healthy? He tripping bc my healthy food is in the fridge... well he gonna b even more mad when there is nothin but healthy in my freezer n fridge... he should b force me to eat healthy instead he says y don't u start eating healthy on Monday... I been eating good since Friday. Shouldn't my boyfriend be recognizing my motivation on eating good. Why is he treating me the opposite

Favorite Answer

trust me,

He has a settlers mentality, He's getting intimidated by your hard work and willingless to chenage, break up with him and find someone who will not only support you but push you to be your best self in EVERYTHING. this is a major red flag which will become a huge issue in the future

So you mean to tell me that when I bring in healthy food and people get mad that I'm not alone lol. I take meds that make me want to overeat and while on them is when people want to bring in ice cream and such the most lmbo.

Getting made? Is he in the mafia or something?

Type 2 diabetes can be kept under control with daily exercise, to include walking. My suggestion would be an old Davy Crockett slogan: "Be sure you're right, then go ahead."  Get some books from your local library or other resources to share with your change-resisting boyfriend, if you want, but don't let yourself be on the defensive when he pulls his pouts.  Maybe you could convince him that a healthy diet increases a man's virility and he'd gobble everything down (insert smiley face here).  Guys are so easy to fool.

let him have his diet and u have yours.

Just call him your “Little Sugar”

• Andy C

Dump him and you have made the best decisions in your life.   Good job.  Eat only whole foods and you may not even need metformin OR your nascent diabetes II may even reverse.

This isn't opinion; straight up science. 

"Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig,  M.D.

Hope you are one of the lucky ones that reverse their diabetes. 

cause he wants to eat the junk food

It sounds like your boyfriend doesn't care about you, and that's a terrible personality trait to have in a partner. Why are you with someone like him? He is a moron, but why are you with a moron?

cause he only wants to eat junk food