Heather asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

I just found out I have diabetes 2, why is my boyfriend getting made when I bring healthy food in the house?

This dude crazy... he is tripping keep bringing up my diet to maintain my diabetes... I don't know what his problem is, y don't he want me to eat healthy? He tripping bc my healthy food is in the fridge... well he gonna b even more mad when there is nothin but healthy in my freezer n fridge... he should b force me to eat healthy instead he says y don't u start eating healthy on Monday... I been eating good since Friday. Shouldn't my boyfriend be recognizing my motivation on eating good. Why is he treating me the opposite

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

trust me,

He has a settlers mentality, He's getting intimidated by your hard work and willingless to chenage, break up with him and find someone who will not only support you but push you to be your best self in EVERYTHING. this is a major red flag which will become a huge issue in the future

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

So you mean to tell me that when I bring in healthy food and people get mad that I'm not alone lol. I take meds that make me want to overeat and while on them is when people want to bring in ice cream and such the most lmbo.

• 3 weeks ago

Getting made? Is he in the mafia or something?

• 3 weeks ago

Type 2 diabetes can be kept under control with daily exercise, to include walking. My suggestion would be an old Davy Crockett slogan: "Be sure you're right, then go ahead."  Get some books from your local library or other resources to share with your change-resisting boyfriend, if you want, but don't let yourself be on the defensive when he pulls his pouts.  Maybe you could convince him that a healthy diet increases a man's virility and he'd gobble everything down (insert smiley face here).  Guys are so easy to fool.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

let him have his diet and u have yours.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Just call him your “Little Sugar”

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Dump him and you have made the best decisions in your life.   Good job.  Eat only whole foods and you may not even need metformin OR your nascent diabetes II may even reverse.

This isn't opinion; straight up science. 

"Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig,  M.D.

Hope you are one of the lucky ones that reverse their diabetes. 

• 3 weeks ago

cause he wants to eat the junk food

• 3 weeks ago

It sounds like your boyfriend doesn't care about you, and that's a terrible personality trait to have in a partner. Why are you with someone like him? He is a moron, but why are you with a moron?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

cause he only wants to eat junk food

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.