Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Do passengers need to be tested for Covid-19 before boarding an airline?

Such as Delta Airlines?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I have heard that in Germany, they have a test that comes back in 2 hours, so they can test passengers before they get on planes. In the US, it still takes days to get the test results back- I could explain why we're so behind the civilized world, but that's too complicated to go into here. The main point is that they won't be testing passengers before they get on board in the US any time soon. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Fortunately, right now they check your head temperature with a radar gun that checks for hot heads(fevers) These people can't board. They are luggage. The rules are changing daily. Fortunately it is not a thermometer up the butt hole. YET

• 1 month ago

No, they do not unfortunately.

• james
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some Countries are requiring you get a test before arival by 72 hours  Before departing into there Country.  After the plane arives. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not testing specifically for COVID-19, but only if you have noticeable symptoms of it. (Temperature check for a fever and answering some questions.) 

These checks are done prior to entering the security checkpoint. Though not every location has them as it is still in the process of being rolled out.

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer (hoping for a viable vaccine by year's end.)
  • 1 month ago

Pre testing has nothing to do with the airline.  It has to do with where you're flying to.  It's important that you know if where you're flying to has a test requirement. 

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, but I believe most all airports are doing screenings - temperature checks and basic symptom-related questions.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i heard thats possible

• 1 month ago

Simple answer is NO.

TEST results take days before you have an answer.

Do they look for signs of illness? YES.

WEAR your mask , WASH your hands , and limit your wandering The Air Crew does not want the virus just like millions of others.

• 1 month ago

Sort of.

As far as I'm aware, all commercial airlines (including Delta) are currently requiring temperature checks prior to boarding.  As well as requiring masks.

The temperature checks are because of Covid-19, but they aren't specifically testing for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.