Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

Could pizza actually replace meals?

Think about it. By default pizza has bread and cheese, which you put on the table on a normal meal anyway, then you can just change the toppings. Instead of having a steak, just chop it up and put it as topping on pizza. You want fish? Same thing. You want veggies? Simple, put broccoli tomatoes peppers olives and bam, you've got a veggie meal. How come is this not a thing? What makes it unhealthy, if it's homemade?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

it's not particularly unhealthy, just rather boring. 

We need a lot more variety in our meals, to get a diet that is reasonably balanced.

• 3 weeks ago

If someone prefers a similar meal consistently, it’s fine. The problem is, that it’s fattening, because portioning is often larger for dough in comparison to bread, and cheese is often excessive. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You've got a point there,   Cant argue with that! 

• ted
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Pizza is a meal in itself.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

I don't understand you.  Pizza is a meal sometimes served up with other sides.  It comes from a whole family of flatbread meals popular around the Mediterraenean.  If you want all your meals served on a think crist base have at it but I'd prefer a little more variety.

• CB
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You are correct it is a fairly balanced meal - and can made in many ways so you can get the nutrients you need. HOWEVER it is so DAMN good it is nearly impossible to not over eat.....and therein lies the problem.

• Nice idea but I think having pizza for every meal is going to pack on the pounds and send your cholesterol soaring no matter how healthy the toppings, just too many calories and carbs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.